Monday, January 11, 2010

Return of the Vee-Vee


All hail the babysitter! After a month of no sitter in town I received the best text message ever this morning... as Patrick says, "Vee-vee here!". Yes, locked her down immediately for date night tonight, it was time to finish a conversation for once and not have to use code words either. We took Emily with us to Harry's because we figured it is a Monday night in January, they will just be happy to have customers and will politely hide their annoyance that we brought a baby. She slept the entire time so we did our best to run down the clock... no need to come home early and too tired to run an errand after dinner. Certainly too tired to schlep that car seat any farther than necessary. Arm of iron.

Now it did occur to me on the way to dinner that most other people out driving on a Monday night are taking their kids to sports practice, games, dance, music lessons, art class, whatever... and once again ours are at home running in circles until they get dizzy and fall down. I think we may have a problem with "well roundedness" when it comes time for college applications. Hmm, I can't find a way to tie this in to how I'd still rather get out once a week for date night. For the record, I have never said no to the girls when they asked to be in an activity, but I also haven't shown them the flyers for soccer. I'm sorry, 8am games on Saturdays? Fiddlesticks no! (Oh look, I did get to use code words tonight.)

I should probably clean up this blog a bit now that I have heard from a few new readers.... quick shout out to Uncle Kevin (ignore the post with the insinuation about the church being a gold digger-- I will now resist making a joke about the other song being more appropriate), to Bobbi (get on facebook, no seriously, you are the only person not on there), and to Megan's teacher to whom I accidentally included my blog address on the email I sent her (it's my signature line). I promise it was because I was tired and not because I was drinking wine. Seriously, the wine stuff is a joke. I am too tired to drink.

5 comments:

VAMOM said...

Great photos Julie. They are all so beautiful!
Aunt Caroline did not play select soccer in 5th grade because the games were not only Sat morning but also at 5:30PM 25 minutes across town during the week! I had an infant too..and dinner? Is that code for take out during the soccer years? Just keep sending her to the golf course with Sean!

Katie said...

funny you now have new readers! LOL! I did see a bottle of Buffalo Bills wine this weekend in Rochester and thought of you maybe needing it.

julie said...

Hmm, Buffalo Bills wine? I am guessing that isn't a Cabernet Sauvignon, probably more like a Mad Dog 20/20 or a (what's the word?) THUNDERBIRD! Yes, fortified wine for those long suffering Bills fans....

Marjie said...

When Steff was 6 weeks old I started a Brownie troop and a Girl Scout troup for you and Katie, we met at our house. But poor Andrea, she didn't get nursery school and I think you girls dropped out of ballet. It is hard to juggle activities and decide what to keep and what to drop. Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets to bowl.

Marjie said...

However, Paul and I always had a sitter to get out to basketball games, etc. Got to have fun and protect the marriage!