In today's segment about living in a small town, I will discuss embarrassing movie theatre antics. The girls wanted to go see the Princess and the Frog movie again and since they didn't shout out, "I hate church" while actually IN church, I decided to reward them with something besides food and take them myself. Sean always takes them but has a strict rule about only seeing movies with the word princess in them once, so this one was all me. Well, me and Emily that is. Can never be sure when she is going to want to eat, sometimes it's a frequent snacking day (we've all had those).
So we stumble in late to the dark theatre during the booming previews and Emily is already crying. I was shocked to find so many people there, people who were no doubt already annoyed with said crying. We manage to find seats and then try to untangle the mess of coats and blankets and car seat and get Emily out so I can bribe her to shut up with food. So then there is a lot of loud smacking, what is that about you're not supposed to eat because you are angry? Emily hasn't heard that rule, but I'm sure everyone heard her eating. OH well, I figure at least it is dark and we don't know anyone. Yeah, you know where this is going... as we leave we realize we do know quite a few people. And thankfully they are all very nice and understanding-- and wondering why Sean got to skip out! As I hoped, Emily did sleep the rest of the movie and all in all, it was easier than putting Patrick down for his nap!
Random sidenote: I feel the need to make jambalaya now since the movie is set in New Orleans and they talk about the food a lot. A guy I worked with in Indy gave me a great recipe for it as he grew up there, but back when I made it the first time I wasn't a very experienced cook and misinterpreted what a clove of garlic was. Recipe called for two cloves and I used 2 HEADS of garlic. It was really good but a bit strong... This same old coworker just emailed me yesterday asking for $2000 to help him get home from the UK and it made me laugh so hard because it was written in proper British grammar (think Peter Rabbit, "presently") which doesn't really go with that southern drawl. Well, I need to end this so I can get down to Western Union to get that money to him...
2 comments:
I still tell that story about the garlic heads! Was the ragin' cajun really asking you for money?! Too funny!
Yeah, Mark's hotmail was hacked and you should have seen the comments he got on facebook about it. I merely asked if he wanted pounds or euros and then his friends started in with the jokes about how he didn't need any more pounds after the holidays. Glad to know he made new friends to mock him.
Post a Comment