Sunday, January 24, 2010

Slacker Parent Weekend

Ah, another weekend not packed with kid sporting events. The joys of having children who lack hand-eye coordination... We are still working on getting them to run around the outside of the house without falling down, and I am not just talking about Patrick here. It was nice enough for them to play outside for a bit yesterday, good reason to get them out of pajamas finally (at 4pm). They were content to do little else yesterday though which left time for me to exercise and sit in the hot tub. I was feeling an inkling of guilt as I got in the hot tub and was thinking of those motivated parents, sitting in the stands, cheering on their children... but then I turned on the jets and it disappeared, as did my lower back pain. Rah, rah, hot tub!

I am thinking that if we did spend more time shuttling the children around I would have an excuse for my house being so dirty at least. My excuse for the van being so filthy is that the line for the car wash was longer than my healthy snacks would last. I swung by there after the grocery store and had some sushi ready to eat in line but by the looks of it I would have followed that up with all 6 of the Krispy Kreme donuts I got to bribe the kids to go to school tomorrow. Sorry for the sugar high, teachers! It's my revenge for them teaching the kids to read and write. Now Megan is able to let everyone know that the van says "wash me". 8 year olds are hilarious.

As for the much anticipated shoe hunt update (I know, only my mom cares), Sean was successful of course but I am still debating. My legs cramped up just trying on a couple of them and other ones highlighted my ugly, ugly winter feet, but with the help of Anna who also tried them on, I think I found a pair. I also found Patrick chewing on one pair, so perhaps I am buying those too? Sean offered up some advice from the much loved show, 30 Rock, when I was teetering around in one pair... "Heel, toe, Lemon. Heel, toe." I should go practice, it has been years... and then box up the rest to get out of the house before a child ruins them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was hoping to see what was inside the boxes, the middle ones are my favorite! As for being at home with the kids and having a clean house, IMPOSSIBLE and pointless.

julie said...

I walked around in all 3 for a while yesterday (in khaki pants which really was attractive) and the middle one is the winner! They weren't comfortable enough for me to wash the floors in though so those are still dirty. Keely has a good point though.. the kids will be getting it dirty again today, why bother? If anyone wants to see what athletic kids do on the weekend, check out Keely's blog for Roe's gymnastic floor routine. Impressive!!

Marjie said...

I second Keely's comment. Thanks for the pic.