Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Big Racket
Patrick has become obsessed with tennis ever since the girls went to a very brief tennis camp this summer. So yes, I had to buy him a racket too and he often dictates that I join him on the hot screened in porch for a tennis match. I don't know much about tennis other than their outfits are the best of all sport outfits (I know, hard to beat volleyball...), but Patrick quickly determined that the goal of tennis is to nail me in the leg with the ball. Nothing like being beat by a 2 year old wearing nothing but a diaper, sticking his tongue out to concentrate on serving. I am certain that he was much more impressed by this racket at the resort, than he was by Pike's Peak. Our cottage was right by the tennis club and the kids loved sneaking off with the balls that escaped the courts. Somehow 4 of them came home with us too, I'm sure they will find a way to bill us for that. So now I can pay two ways... that many more balls for Patrick to hit me with too, if only it would wear him out so he would nap. But no, he just makes a big racket when I try to put him in his room to nap. (har har, I couldn't resist!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bring that boy to our cul-de-sac for some tennis! We play all the time right in the middle of the road. When your girls are over they play too.
Isn't it time for sports camp for Patrick? Msybe he should be playing soccer?
Post a Comment