Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Night Shift Entertainment


Sean is always appreciative of something new to read when he's working a night shift but since we just had weekly date night, I'm kind of out of new material. It's our only night to finish a conversation and tonight Sean was finally able to explain the finer points of the looming helium shortage (good news for those of us not fond of balloons). Now, I did insist that he tell me this in the car for fear that someone would overhear us at dinner and mock us. It's a small town, you never know who is listening in.

Of course if he needs to tell me something in public and not have anyone else understand he just goes into dictation voice which is very fast and monotone (punctuated with agitated swearing when the voice recognition software- or me- doesn't pick up on a word). He has a lot of preset dictations saved so he can just say, "power scribe: old brain" or "power scribe: normal chest". I suppose the day is coming where he will power scribe a conversation with me. "Power scribe: random army task day not related to real job" and "power scribe: list of places I want to go golf". Trust me though, he will still have to listen to me discuss in great detail the antics of the Tiny Tyrant. If I have to suffer through the OCD demands, then he needs to hear all about it. Or at least look at me and pretend to listen while he dreams of Pebble Beach.

ps Of course a Tiny Tyrant eats his bubble beard.

1 comment:

Marjie said...

your life is so interesting