The last week of summer is always the worst. Everyone is crabby and tired of summer but not yet ready for school. The only thing that helps is going away on vacation which is what I planned. Before they pushed the 1st day of school back a week. So here we are, fighting and spitting at each other (okay, that is just Patrick). Doesn't help that it has been rainy and muggy and thus no pool yesterday. The girls didn't even get dressed, nor did they brush their hair which was looking awesome since they didn't even shower after the pool on Monday. I let them take a pass because I thought we'd be going right back to the pool on Tuesday. So this morning was looking crappy out and I figured the pool would be off again, so off to the showers they went. And now it is nice and they don't want to go because they just showered.
Do you have a headache just thinking about this? I do and the muggy weather isn't helping. I am trying caffeine to perk up, no luck. I even went to level 2 sugar, Cheesecake Factory, which I store in the freezer for dire emergencies. I don't know how many more days of this I can take, trapped inside with the tiny tyrants. Even worse, Sean is off to Vegas tomorrow. He is no fool, he planned HIS vacation for the last week of summer as did my babysitters apparently. Well, that just gives me more time to try and clean this disaster of a house. If only I'd had time to open the window to the storage room before the storm hit last week... it could have all been sucked out and scattered over town. I guess I will use the trash bag method of cleaning instead.
1 comment:
Hang in there, Julie! In a few short years Emily and Patrick will be in school and you'll actually be able to string together a few hours of peace. Thank God my boys are back in school! I agree the last week of summer vacation is the worst. The whining is constant and if I heard I'm bored one more time I think I would have snapped. Now I just have to listen to it a mere 6 hours a day.
Post a Comment