My sister Andrea sent me letters that her 4th graders wrote recently and I am working on my responses to them. They were obviously working together to come up with questions for me to answer because a high percentage want to know if I live in a ranch or two story house. I cannot wait to blow their minds with my answer.... ranch in the front, 2 story in the back. It's like the mullet of housing. One girl wants to know what kind of house Andrea lives in and she guesses not a ranch because she doesn't seem like that type of girl. What the what? What exactly is the reputation of someone who lives in a ranch house? Someone with bad knees who can't handle stairs?
They are also quite curious about my favorite animal. I have to admit, I haven't ranked my favorite animals since well, 4th grade, so this is a tough one. I have no problem discussing all my favorite foods though and how they can acquire them on a trip to San Antonio if they beg their parents. I wonder if I will get any letters back from parents? Almost every letter mentions that they heard I am funny so the pressure it on to come up with a way to work in some 4th grade humor. Time to go google jokes about bodily functions....
3 comments:
I had a spelling book around unit 15 I swore one year I would cut it out of their books and take a week off. The word was wiener. You can't imagine how many times that word would get used during the week during spelling lessons. It was kind of like a fart in church they would start to giggle and pretty soon they would be all laughing. Ok class time for an early recess. Dad Hey guess what my word verification was frankfurter.
One 5th grade spelling lesson had the word "prick" in it. So Nick asked, "Mrs. Koenig, what's a prick?" Thinking real fast, I said "It's like you prick your finger with a pin." Nick says "Well, my mom calls my dad a prick." Somehow, I kept a straight face.
Yes-I had to laugh at the ranch question. I wondered if she was thinking a farm type of ranch.
Post a Comment