Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Clean up girl

Before we had Emily it always seemed like no matter what I cooked we ended up with just a tiny bit of food left, enough for another child, not that this is why we had her, just something that I noticed. I think the other kids just don't like what I cook enough to actually finish anything or ask for more. Well, along comes Emily who has decided that she wants to eat whatever is on our plates. She will yell and point after she has cleaned her tray so sometimes I just give her a plate that someone else refused to finish and she gets to work on it. Cold green beans are the current favorite and it turns out that we always have plenty of those left. Anna is seven yet thinks that it is totally acceptable to still just eat one green bean to get dessert. Anyway, here is Emily the other night, right before she threw the plate and got rice all over. Hard to sweep up, fyi. And yes, Anna is the one who doesn't like rice. Who doesn't like rice? What is so offensive about rice?! These kids are so spoiled, it is time for dinner boot camp, no bread and butter to tide them over until the next meal...

3 comments:

H said...

Woo hoo! Got to love a good eater! She's so darn cute.

Marjie said...

With 3 big brothers I never felt like I got enough to eat, I was the cleaner too

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Plate rotation is a household policy here. Oh, still hungry? Here you go - have Parker's food! Saves me from becoming the human garbage disposal.