I had a few minutes this morning before I had to wake the girls up so I made pumpkin muffins (box mix of course) in an effort to keep them from being too sullen before school. I wasn't nearly as loud as Anna was banging around in the bathroom but she still came downstairs and accused me of waking her up. I guess she was too groggy to understand what I meant by go back up and get dressed because when she came back a few minutes later she asked if she could get her bags ready now so she would have more time to play in the morning. Wow, you can imagine her delight to learn that it was in fact morning already. She then stomped around for a while, complaining that it was the middle of the night still.
One other reason I made the muffins was because I have no way to thaw pancakes for them. Not sure what happened to the microwave as it will pop popcorn but nothing else. It sounds and looks like it is working but it doesn't cook anything else, not even when I try to trick it by using the popcorn setting. This is harsh news for those with children, or dementia, because it makes drinking a hot cup of tea difficult. I make a pot of it when I get up and then drink it when I get time. Sometimes I can manage to drink half a cup when it is fresh but then I am constantly reheating in the microwave. At least wine is good at room temperature because it usually takes me 3 hours to finish one glass. I have to get a sitter if I want a whole glass in one sitting.
The TV guys are here this morning and I am so glad that I'm not a celebrity or reality TV pawn because it is a lot of work getting ready and getting the house cleaned up with kids thwarting my every move. Yes, these TV guys are here to HANG a TV, not get footage, but it made me laugh when Sean warned me the TV guys would be here today. Also, a little shout out to those friends who report back on the celebrities they see because word travels quickly if they leave the house with unwashed hair. So nice to be anonymous because with all the getting ready this morning, hair washing still wasn't on the agenda. Cannot trust Patrick with Emily for more than 30 seconds. I can't even trust him alone for 30 seconds and right now I am wondering what is going on in the bathroom because his new game involves a lot of toilet paper. You can imagine what my harsh reality is at clean up time...
No comments:
Post a Comment