After Sean slid across the driveway and then drove down the walkway next to it, I stressed for the 2.5 hours it took him to drive to the airport. Let the record show that I did not drink any wine during that time period. It was 10am, I felt that Katie might stage an intervention if I did that. But he and Patrick are safely in Florida now for his grandma's funeral so I am more relaxed. Oh so relaxed... Strange not having Patrick around but enjoying the calmness. Might I complete a project around the house?! Well, let's not go that far. We can survive many days without leaving at least. In addition to the wine fridge I have enough bread making supplies for a few weeks and a big stack of Barefoot Contessa peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. All the essentials are covered.
Sean is supposed to be back tomorrow night but if we get the snow predicted he will be enjoying the swim suits I threw in the suitcase at the last minute. Katie's flight tomorrow was cancelled and she is scheduled for Thursday now. Poor Lane has to endure two more days of chaos and attention. He's a trooper!
2 comments:
It's like those cookies are just sitting at your house taunting me. They look so good. And they and we know that you're not getting out of your driveway and I'm not getting out of mine.
Hope you guys are doing well. Kinda fun to be "snowed" in with your sister!
I froze the rest of the cookies so they will still seem fresh when I do get to see you. There is a limit to how many cookies we can eat in one day before they start to get stale. No worries, we are still getting our sugar, now we're on to cinnamon rolls but not the Pioneer Woman ones. Who has time for that when there is a computer to attend to?
Post a Comment