Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another Exciting Spring Break!

We did intend to take a real vacation this year but a long list of boring reasons put an end to that. So in addition to endless iCarly the girls are enjoying the Harry Potter legos that we let them "earn". They got up at 6AM yesterday and tried to go up to my loft to play with them, but this involves lighting up my whole room, so no, that didn't happen. Megan couldn't figure out why she was so tired early last night, hmm, 6AM does that to you, I can vouch for that. So far they have played about 10 hours without fighting so that was well worth the money. However, I am hearing some screams now... which will end when I threaten to put Harry himself in timeout. Oh, beloved Harry, he fits in my pocket...

Sean must have also bought himself a new toy the other night because he got up early to go to his office for some video games. I am allowed to text him if I need help over here. (What sort of face am I making right now?)

I am hoping to get all of us out of the house at some point today for sanity but if the rain starts we aren't going to the parade. It is traditionally the lamest parade ever and we always talk about how we need to enter something the next year, but then we forget. Maybe I can get the 4 Notre Dame Club members in Manhattan to join us next year. If we hand out some good candy maybe people wouldn't hate us so much. Okay, that might only work for small children but it's a start. Even our priest here refuses to utter a single word about ND (or any other Catholic college), which having gone to many churches across the country is quite unusual. And don't say this is because we are in a city with a university because I grew up in a college town and I heard plenty about ND growing up. It is a shame that our children are not being taught the value of a religious college experience and in fact, my girls are self conscious about wearing ND t-shirts and are afraid they will be made fun of. We are mostly afraid they won't be able to get in when the time comes. We are taking them all to the reunion this summer, let the indoctrination begin. And thus ends my crabby rant for the day.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Having enjoyed fun St. Patrick's Day parades in St. Paul for several years, the Manhattan one is such a disappointment. I'd be up for creating some kind of fun entry next year! We can use Brian's truck. We'll have to think of something clever....

julie said...

Okay, I am thinking dress the littles up at leprechauns and then design some large traps on top of the truck? and throw candy and play Gaelic Storm!

Heather said...

LOVE it! And a big trap? Jackson would love it! He'd probably dress up like a leprechaun for it which wouldn't normally be his thing. Let's do it!

H said...

I'll fly out just to see that giant trap. And seriously, your poor girls are self-conscience because of the plain old navy blue of ND. How can a little girl wearing that compete with a little Kansas gal wearing vivid purple that I see in the K-State pictures??? Another ten years and I'm betting the navy wearer will have confidence to spare.

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Are you on the front end of spring break or tail end? I did okay until the last friday. No one else in the new 'hood went away either, so all their tv and video game starved kids holed up in our house. Yay.