Saturday, March 12, 2011

Caved

Earlier this week Megan was having a pity party about how everyone at school talks about shows that she doesn't get to watch. I never specifically said no iCarly, I just figured that they already watched plenty of TV, why work in a new show? So, to keep social suicide at bay I started recording iCarly for the girls. There must be a channel that only shows iCarly because I think there are 10 new episodes on the queue every day. Anna laughs hysterically while watching, taking care to explain what is so funny or what she thinks might happen next. It's like a laugh track for the clueless (or the 3 year old). There was a point today where all six of us were watching it. In my defense, I was doing Megan's hair so I was trapped. This was not a proud family moment, no photos were taken.

Thankfully we were able to spend some time outside today also, trying to reverse the brain rot. Definitely need to wean them off and better weather will help that. I attempted to tame the back room in the garage, at least combining our junk with the junk that was left behind. Oh, the paint cans I have collected.... I think it is time to dry them out and toss them, before the kids find them and make art on the driveway. There is also a curious collection of boards and stuff left behind by previous owners. We couldn't be less handy if we tried, so I guess those will remain for the people who buy the house after us. Treasures! I also found some ice melt left behind, which would have been super handy when I ran out during the last ice storm and couldn't find any to buy. If I had found a snow blower I would have been really pissed. I have tons of flower pots now and was starting to think about filling them when I remembered that it is still March. Plenty of time for winter to return. Buying flowers would make it come back with a vengeance. But at least I have the ice melt now!

1 comment:

lisadst said...

now that you have ice melt, spring will come! so go plant some flowers!