Monday, March 14, 2011

Doing something extra for Lent


Old school Catholic is giving up something for Lent, current teaching is to do something extra, like something to help others I suppose. I am helping Caroline's Cakes by giving them extra business. A small piece every day for getting through this extra long month.... the kids keep asking why we don't have any desserts in the house, ha ha, it's because I do have my own and forget to make anything for them. Not sharing, that's for sure. In all seriousness, I am doing something extra by going to bed early so I am not so crabby with the kids. After my piece of cake...

5 comments:

Kit said...

That looks fantastic! Where did you get it? Seriously, I would love to turn off my office light and come over for an afternoon of wine and cake. (and a lot of much needed catching up)

Heather said...

I saw this and groaned out loud. It looks SO good. It's 1:30. Can I have a glass of wine?

H said...

You are killing me. It's one thing to describe it in writing and another to post a close up of it in all it's deliciousness.
Oh well, I'm happy for you, you deserve it.

VAMOM said...

I'm sure you noticed this little delight is on sale for the month of March. Some of are even close enough to pick it up on a weekend and save shipping...never had one straight from the bakery. Of course gas cost would exceed shipping I think although Annapolis IS a fun place to visit.

Katie said...

road trip sounds more fun than waiting on the UPS guy!