Perhaps my extreme grumpiness is actually just a series of sugar crashes. I may need an intervention here as there is almost an entire caramel cake left and it is far too easy to access. Maybe I should store it at someone else's house. Or give it away for real? Certainly not send it to work with Sean, let's not be ridiculous here.
Emily is also crabby and refusing to fall asleep tonight but her complaint is that her blanket is no longer stinky because I washed it. She still doesn't talk but is very good at communicating. Today when I tried to take her out of the swing to go home from the park she hit my hands away. I am wondering if she should know more words by now but then I listen to Patrick and his very specific demands. It is just a matter of time and another boss will be up and running the show, no rush.
Patrick keeps tweaking his bedtime routine. A few months ago he started refusing the goodnight kiss. He would protest and wipe it off, also would wipe off the blessing at church, in a very dramatic manner of course. Well, bedtime now goes like this... he lets us read him a story which either includes holding his finger while he counts things in the book or letting him say most the words (depends on the book). Then there are no kisses, no hugs, no tucking in, no turning off the light.... no, he pushes us out his door and down the hallway. Then he shuts his door and puts himself in bed. Also, there is no saying good night or I love you. He will yell at us, "don't say that!". At least it is efficient...
Emily requires no routine, she is just sick of everyone by 7pm and she lets us just lay her down in the crib with stinky blanket and we leave. Except tonight she has been complaining for a good hour about how she is not happy about the lack of stink. I tried Tylenol for the nonstop teething and she spit it out.
I just put my elbow in a puddle of syrup FROM THIS MORNING, so I think I need some sugar rush so I can get this pit cleaned up. Then I can at least have the sugar crash in bed before we start all over in the morning. We lost power last night so we didn't watch the K-State game. Now I am really hoping the power goes out soon because there is a lot of yelling about how ND is doing... maybe someone needs a piece of cake down there.
1 comment:
Too funny because it is so true. I can't wait to see you guys. Julia and Emily can compare stinky blankets.
Andrea
Post a Comment