Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Monday, May 7, 2012
Cable is "broken"
Day one of telling the children that the cable box is broken. It is unplugged and if this plan works I will call and cancel the cable, at least until Sean gets home. I don't watch TV, no judgements on those who do, I just don't have the motivation to keep up with shows. Plenty of other ways that I waste my time obviously! So far the littles are falling for it and they have only whined a little. In exchange I am letting them pile up every pillow and cushion and all the napkins (who knows why) by the couch and they are jumping and making forts. Yes, it is irritating me that my house is trashed but sacrifices must be made. And my room is spotless, I will retreat there. I will also use up valuable sitter time today to shower because I spent my time at the gym talking with a good friend instead of getting a shower there. Well worth it. I also need to send the kids outside with the sitter when she gets here so I can put everything back in the freezer. It seems that all the ice cream sandwiches are gone but the kids are still looking. And by looking I mean emptying the freezer. Time to reorganize it anyway. Ugh, they found the hidden ice cream treats, that boy can sniff them out in a closed unmarked box.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oooooh, you are one brave woman. No cable while you are solo with the kids for months on end??? I know you can do it, but are you sure you want to? What doesn't kill you will make you stronger, so go ahead and do it. The kids will be more creative than ever by the time Sean gets back, ha ha!
I am letting the big girls watch in the basement after the littles are in bed so that has appeased them. I'm sure I will still let them all watch movies when desperate times arrive because that isn't as annoying as Emily demanding "one Dora" and Patrick screaming that he gets to watch Jake the Pirate every day! They would start pushing each other and everything, so ridiculous.
Post a Comment