Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Survived the first week of summer!

Patrick kicked off the day in a horrible way and I was afraid that I was going to lose my sitter because of him.  I had to move the cars around and to make sure he wasn't run over I had to put him in time out to calm down and he trashed his room more than ever, which is saying a lot.  Usually it is just emptying the dresser and bookcase but today he also stripped his bed and emptied the shelves in his closet.  Took me ages to clean it up this afternoon but in the process I found a box of summer clothes that I wrongly assumed had been outgrown.  Bonus, don't need to buy him anything new!  Anyway, he finally got over his demands once I left and was decent for me when I got home.  He and Anna actually got along and played with frogs for a while.



I had to make Megan leave them alone because once she gets involved then Anna rebels and the fighting starts.  So Megan and Emily cleaned up the tree house and put pillows and towels out there which then had to be brought in since we were finally getting rain.  Figured.  Happy for the rain though because I am too lazy to water the bushes much...




I picked up pizza and we got movies from the library so it was actually fairly calm here tonight.  I only had to put the littles to bed 3 times before I gave up and ignored them.  They must have finally put themselves to bed or else they are being really quiet.  They decided to wear coordinating pajamas, ones that I found in the box, and naturally they insisted on a photo.  At least they aren't wear the matching pairs of girl pajamas anymore...



Patrick also likes to hug and kiss Emily right in front of me so I will tell them how cute they are.  And then back to wrestling on the pile of couch pillows.  The other day they were literally climbing the walls though...  a little stir crazy.  This was the first day of no pool after going six days in a row, I wasn't sure how it would go but the sitter kept me sane and so did some great friends!



2 comments:

Marjie said...

Here's hoping that summer will be fun and relaxed. Love the wall climbing.

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

LOVE the wall-climbing pics!! Glad you had a sitter and some down time!