Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer's on

Second full day of summer for us and no pool today due to the weather.  Yesterday we spent six hours there and the girls have the weird sunburns to prove it.  So much for letting them forgo the sunscreen shirts this year.  They have learned their lesson, sunscreen just doesn't work as well, especially if you aren't willing to sit down and dry off well enough to put more on and have it work.  We already hit the food minimum for the month with one meal up there.  We'll see if we can limit it to one meal a month to keep the bill down.  Hahahaha!  I did tell the kids once a week but I doubt that will even hold.  They beg the entire time for food, it is so annoying.

I didn't get photos because I wasn't going to take the camera along with our 37 bags of gear.  Somehow we remembered everything except shoes for Patrick.  It's going to be a long tiring summer for me.  Somehow the kids still had plenty of energy last night and fought going to bed until well after 9pm.  I just don't understand what else I can do to wear them out.

I do try to keep up a good attitude and I think that must confuse people into thinking that things are normal for us.  Sean has a site visit coming up and will not exactly be safe for a week and I probably won't hear from him at all.  I know plenty of wives go through an entire year of their husbands in danger, but in the general population, no one else can relate to this.  I also have four kids who are all having some serious behavior issues in response to this deployment, things that I don't discuss with many people and certainly not in this blog for privacy reasons.  But these are things that stress me out immensely.  I have a lot of great friends who have made a real effort to reach out and they are the reason we're getting through this horrible stage and to them I will always be grateful.  Eight weeks today, sixteen to go, so we are one-third through this!

1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Stay strong!!! I can't believe you've survived 8 weeks already! We will be thinking of all of you!