Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 2

Second day of "broken" TV was almost a success.  During the after school chaos and whining Anna took Emily downstairs and figured out how to turn on the big TV and how to pull up an on-demand episode of Dora.  Interesting how she always demands that I come down and turn everything on for her when she wants to watch her shows.  I think she just wants a bodyguard in the scary basement.  Anyway, she told me that she couldn't stand the whining anymore.

Yes, now take that whining and multiply it by four and tell me how much alcohol I am allowed.  I would be much more tolerant of their demands and issues if I did have some wine but I feel that is just a bad road to start down by myself.  Better to just buck up and get them in bed early so I can have some quiet time instead.  And think of the money I save by not having to restock the wine fridge every month!  After "fixing" the TV when the kids were in bed I watched Modern Family and decided that we need a fun car, some fish tacos, and definitely some days away from the kids when Sean gets back.  So I have plans for the money I am saving.  Almost to 6 weeks which I figured out to be about 25% done.  With school ending, this month is flying by so that helps.  Hopefully summer won't drag...  I know the kids will think it goes fast.  Ha ha, maybe they won't think that without their precious TV!  I can break the one downstairs too...

3 comments:

julie said...

I realize that I said I don't watch TV in my other post but then here I admit that I watch Modern Family. How can you not watch it?! I'm not a robot. But summer is for reruns, I won't miss anything then. And I can put the cable money towards fish tacos. Or a Maserati, whatever.

Marjie said...

Or a classic Corvette

Katie said...

You could rent a cool car in Hawaii or CA. Might as well go somewhere it's really going to be nice for sure. I vote Hawaii - go big or go home :)NOT Oahu. Maui or Kauai are really nice and great weather all the time.