Next up for a punch is anyone who says TGIF. I have yet to figure out how to keep them all happy for any length of time and a whole weekend would be impossible. If I plan something to do out of the house Anna has a fit. She would prefer to stay in pajamas the entire day, watching her shows in the basement. While I don't mind that she leaves everyone else alone, I feel that I am giving up on her by just letting her do that. After hours of coaxing I can finally get them all in the car to go someplace, but then to get them to agree on a place to go.... ugh. We decided to start at City Park today and it was insane, lots of parties going on there. So next up was Tuttle Creek park, also full of parties but I at least found a parking spot, so that was the winner. Nothing like having to sit at the park for an hour before dinner, smelling whatever everyone else was grilling. The only meal that the kids will all eat is pizza so that was my plan for tonight. Sean is missing Papa Johns and has requested it when he gets home. I may have to leave the house as the smell makes me ill now.... I even gave up on getting them Wendy's for dinner because they don't actually eat it, they just want the stupid toy which they don't ever play with either after a few minutes. I could just get them toys at Target I guess and skip feeding them? Because we need more crappy toys in this house!
I started reading the free book from church, per Kitra's recommendation. It is making me feel very guilty for just "surviving" right now, not thriving. I think the author has never been a single parent to four crabby kids. It also has some concrete tips like, I should pray while I'm doing endless dishes. Yes, God help the person who brings me more dishes after I have closed the kitchen for the night. I should also be happy now, not waiting to be happy later. Valid advice but I'm pretty sure September will be a much happier time. We are enjoying time with friends now of course and great to talk to Sean over the computer every day, but nothing compares with having him home. A little retail therapy and a small glass of wine have kept me from losing all patience today. I can't work out the logistics to go run for real, had to resort to other rage management techniques. Ah, now to get them all to bed in the next couple hours so I can work on season 2 of Downton Abbey. Going to the WWI museum in KC actually helped me understand the plot more, I highly recommend both!
1 comment:
I love Downton Abbey. Should be a good time suck if you can get the kids to let you watch it in peace.
Post a Comment