Friday, May 4, 2012

Less bitter update

I feel I should point out that the kids are doing really well now and not fighting nearly as much.  I think they are finally used to Sean being gone and just getting to talk to him over the computer.  I have also decided that if watching TV keeps them from being so sad, then that's what we're going to do to distract them.  They are forgetting about the point system and bribes which is good because I was sick of buying them stuff.  Just more stuff for me to clean up...

Sean has settled into a leisurely routine that other husbands would be jealous of.  Obviously he misses the kids like crazy and it's hard for him to see kids in the dining facilities as the embassy employees have their families with them.  Still not worth $30,000 in plane tickets just to go hang out in the city and see him on weekends.  Not when it's so hot there...  This isn't like the month he did in Hawaii during med school and I made the tough decision to go visit for a couple weeks.

Doesn't seem like Sean is going to go on many, or perhaps even any, missions which is fine with me.  Any travel involves risk and that's not really my thing.  He is just checking the box over there, counting down like we are.  He did get to play in a poker tournament the other night and he won.  Not quite the same as winning big in Vegas but a nice distraction.  Hard to believe it has been 5 weeks since he left.  Trying not to think about how he has 4.5 months to go, seems endless.  No idea how anyone survived the 15 month deployments they used to do but I am thankful I don't have to find out.

No comments: