Monday, May 14, 2012

Got by with a little help from my friends

I'm not going to get high with a little help from my friends though, no worries.  Maybe a glass or two or wine at some point but that's it.  Yesterday ended up being much better than I expected.  We usually don't see anyone on Sundays and I figured with it being Mother's Day everyone would really be having quality family time.  Apparently I looked stressed enough that friends helped me with all the kids (no nursery, whee!) during mass, then others helped at breakfast after mass, and then Megan was invited to spend the afternoon elsewhere so that reduced the fighting in the house.  Oh and our sitter was so sweet to give up an hour so I could run outside, that's a big deal these days.  Heather was beyond kind to invite us over for dinner since Dillon has only been home from the hospital for a week, so that was a great surprise.  Way to put Brian to work!  And then this morning I found a surprise gift on my porch from another friend who suspected that I did not get a day of pampering yesterday.  Yes, slightly different than last year when I was so excited to see the kids after the week in Paris and Belgium.  That my friends is how to do Mother's Day... be gone the week before and then you will really appreciate your children!

As for today, I think we need a break from our gym routine since I ran yesterday and don't feel like showering yet again.  Also, I arranged a lunch date with the friends I usually talk to at the gym, so I will still get my social time then.  Yes, I'd rather eat and talk than exercise and talk, big surprise.

The update from Sean included an incident where he was just making polite small talk with a female doctor there and she immediately had to tell him she had a boyfriend.  Whoa!  Apparently even a 4 starts thinking she's an 8 after a few months in a heavily male population.  He found a way to mention his wife and four kids of course.  I guess that might not stop some guys from sneaking into the female CLUs but Sean knows he has it pretty good, some might even say he is spoiled.  I know he is anxious to get home but others keep trying to extend their tours there because it is such a cush assignment.  I think that says a lot about the life waiting for them back home.  Sean has always been very appreciative of all I do but I think after 6 months away he will really be happy to be home.

No comments: