Frankly, I don't know how so many people stay on facebook, especially those who are single or infertile, so many status updates must be like getting punched. I rarely post anything because no matter what I'd write, there is someone who would see it and hate me at least a little bit. I figure I will write what I want on this blog because if someone is sensitive to things I have to say, they won't check it more than once. Anyway, I am tired of hearing about all the fun other people are having with their husbands or what father-child bonding activities are going on. I realize this is irrational and it's my problem not theirs, so it is time to just stop checking it.
I do wish there was a button to click on facebook that says "you're the winner" instead of "like". The worst is when people post articles about things the rest of us should be doing and then they make their self righteous comment to introduce it while letting you know they have known this all along. Yes, you are the winner! The rest of us are losers! Where do I send the trophy??
That is enough ranting and raging for tonight. Sean is worried that I won't have any friends left when he gets home. There are at least a few who are doing their part to support the troops by going to lunch with me and keeping me sane. We are definitely looking forward to the pool opening and hoping lots of friends will join us there. Then maybe Friday nights won't suck so much. There is no hope for Sundays however. Soon we won't even have the nursery at church so we will have to stop going because the littles in mass combined with all my rage issues is not a good combo. I have considered pulling the priest aside and letting him know why he won't be seeing any checks from me this summer, but that's just because I have been watching Downton Abbey and feeling petty.
5 comments:
I stopped logging onto Facebook months ago. I would actually feel depressed when I looked at it and then feel like a horrible person because I wasn't happy for the people who have perfect lives and children. Better just to ignore it all and enjoy my average life which I am thankful for everyday.
Are you talking about the oj article?
I am talking about all the parenting articles and blogs that people keep posting. Kid crafts! Super theme parties! No TV watching! How to homeschool over the summer to get your child ahead!
Good...I was hoping I wasn't the one irritating you:). Just trying to help others make educated choices with food. And letting my family know it's not just me being crazy, there's actually some truth to what I say...sometimes!
ah yes fakebook... we definitely have a different set of friends. I'm not seeing those articles or my eyes are glazing over so I don't even notice.
Post a Comment