Saturday, June 2, 2012

Was just a matter of time

As we always joke, our kids can get hurt anywhere, any time.  Emily fell out of bed the other night and has a bump on her head now, right where she had cut her hair so it's quite visible.  Then yesterday Patrick walked behind a swinging bat and cut his eyebrow open.  I thought he just needed some derma-bond but I wasn't going to attempt to use it myself so we got the bleeding under control while we waited for any doctors on our list to get home.  I figured that was much faster than taking him to the ER and I was right.  I finally found Eric who had just gotten back to his office so I took him there and left the rest of the kids with the sitter, making it much less painful for me at least.

Turns out he needed 4 stitches, not derma-bond so I'm glad I didn't just get someone to stop by the house to help out.  Another benefit to seeing Eric is that I then mentioned to him that Patrick thought he had gotten a rock in his ear a few weeks ago so we had that checked too.  Patrick had been turning the TV up rather loud, I had my suspicions that something was going on.  So yes, Patrick did have a rock in his ear and when Eric checked the other ear, yep, one there too.  I think that was more painful than getting the stitches, poor Patrick just squeezed my hand and had a few tears rolling down his face.  He was very brave for the stitches though, couldn't wait to tell his hero Carson how well he did.  Can't believe with all the crazy stuff Patrick does that he went almost five years without getting stitches!

2 comments:

VAMOM said...

Oh my GOSH!

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Oh my gosh! That's a day! My mom thought I needed my ears flushed out once when I was little and when the doc did it a pearl fell out of my ear. Jokes abounded forever. From the look of it, it had been in there a very long time. Hope poor Patrick is feeling okay!