Always nice to get away for a day to KC. Good to see a bigger world, that's for sure. Never enough time to do much other than hit a couple stores and eat lunch unfortunately but I powered through and made the most of our time. Kitra understands my dire wardrobe situation and just kept bringing me stuff to try on because she is sick of seeing the same two outfits on me all the time. The good thing about not spending a dime for the past 3 months is that everything has gone on sale in the meantime. I think I actually got enough clothes that Sean's dad will not mock me when I get to Virginia. He seems genuinely disappointed that I don't spend more on clothes, like Sean is abusing me by not letting me shop. Anyone else find this odd? Should I blow more of his son's income on stuff for myself?? Wait until moonlighting starts again!
Kids alive, house standing, sitter not crying, apparently the day was a success at home too. The kids are making up for my time away so I had to have a tiny glass of wine to get through bath time without getting annoyed by all the demands for more water, more toys, more everything. Now to lure them out with the new Batman books I bought. Finally, something new to read! Of course that means I have to pay attention and read the words, not just spew them out from memory. No more wine, need to be sharp.
3 comments:
Shopping with a friend is the best treat there is, and lunch is the whipped cream on the day. Go more often, kept me sane all those kid years.
Darn, it signed in with your dad's account.
Funny, I wouldn't have questioned those comments... Dad is a good shopper and always seems to be going to out lunch with friends! i think it was the golf that kept him sane during the kid years though.
Post a Comment