I am at least aware of the fact that everything is much more upsetting these days because of the constant underlying stress of Sean being gone. Knowing that Sean was traveling yesterday required a real drink to go to bed. It's a good thing that I was woken up by a text from Sean so I knew he was fine before I logged on to the computer where I kid you not, the two top stories were about a helicopter crash in Kenya and a grief camp for military kids who have lost a parent. WHAT THE HELL???? Ah, but I knew Sean was fine already and then the skype was actually working for him so we got to see him as he sat by the pool on the beach at a nice resort. How in the world real army spouses put up with the actual danger that their soldier is constantly in is beyond me. Clearly I am not cut out for that role.
So yes, Sean is totally fine and enjoying an actual bed and a real shower, not to mention a break from the oppressive heat. He was afraid that I would be annoyed that he was staying someplace so nice, but I am not the pompous ambassador who complained about how the military team and civil affairs team were staying someplace where he goes on vacation. For the record, his per diem easily covers the cost of the room and the meals are included because this is KENYA, not Hawaii. Clearly the real waste of money is paying $300,000 to cover Sean's job back here while he is needed for two weeks over there. Okay, I will try not to complain about that anymore, if you're tuning in then clearly you're in the choir and have heard it enough.
Anyway here are some photos of the place Sean is staying:
I will post about the monkey later. I need to get my own monkeys to bed.


2 comments:
Glad to hear he is safe and sound and glad you have a little peace of mind! Hang in there - you can do this.
you have ignore the news. its the only way to survive and not go insane with worry. these incidents happened days ago, despite when the news says they happened. you are at your normal contact numbers and place of residence. if the army needed you, trust me, they will find you before the news finds you!
i wont say "hang in there"....but 14 weeks to go....
Post a Comment