Patrick just finished up three weeks of "soccer", as close as it can be for four year olds anyway. He may or may not have learned a few skills for the sport but he did at least run around and smile. Works for me. It was impressive how many grandparents and extended family members came to watch this and everyone wanted team photos. Umm, they ran around as a pack chasing the ball for a few "games" and they wore the same color shirts so I guess that makes them a team but you can't make me take their photo. It's not like we even met the other parents on the team. I knew other people there of course so I at least took Patrick's photo with friends, the one time I lugged the camera with me. For the group photo today Patrick decided to start making the craziest faces so I did regret not getting that shot. Then again, I was laughing so hard I was crying and I probably would have missed it anyway. No idea why he decided to do that.
With the big girls gone tonight I had to spend most my time just chasing Emily who has no qualms about running away as far as she can, no fear. They also did a lot with team spirit as every team is assigned a country. We are supposed to bring flags and do face paint and stuff. Yeah... that's above and beyond my level right now (and probably forever). I don't even know where you buy face paint, let alone how you get it off the seats in my car and my couch and my shorts, so I really wasn't getting into that. I probably could have found a flag to bring if Patrick's team was USA but it was not.
Since I have been advised over and over to "hang in there" I have decided that is exactly what I'm going to do. I'm just going to hang in there and use that to justify my lack of effort towards everything I don't care about. Oh sorry, I'm just hanging in here, it's not that I'm lazy. I also played the deployment card recently to explain why I am declining the kind invitation to give $1000 to my neighbor for landscaping around the circle in front of our driveway. Without even blinking I can name about thirty five things I would rather spend $1000 on, starting with some tickets to the McCain. Lyle Lovett in a small venue, yes, I think I will. (August 26 if anyone wants to join me) The whole season looks great, I am planning lots of nights out when Sean gets back and if he doesn't want to join me I can find someone else who will (relax, I mean a girlfriend).
1 comment:
What funny pictures, they are all so short, or maybe my computer is distorted. Whatever, running is good.
Post a Comment