Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Friday, June 22, 2012
Hello, bird nest?!
No idea how long this bird nest has been here and why no one told me about it when they came to the door?! Perhaps they thought it was just part of my ongoing spider web science experiment. The kids really do love to watch the spiders from inside and check out the extensive webs filled with dead bugs. Enough is a enough though, tonight they were evicted. I'm sure they will have a field day when we are gone...
I've been trying to keep the littles off the iPad until the drive so it will keep them busy but tonight they got it down and have discovered that the only thing funnier than their endless potty talk is endless potty talk in weird voices. The iPad app plays whatever they say back in either high speed or low speed voices. They are screaming with laughter and using poopy in every possible phrase. But they are leaving me alone to eat the fantastic takeout salad that Kitra brought me, so I am letting it slide.
I did not let them get away with their new game today though. I was folding laundry as usual and I heard the toilet flush. And then I heard it again. And then I went to investigate because they were laughing so hard. Yes, ten and a half years of children in the house and this was the first time anyone has flushed toys down the toilet. I guess that alone is a victory. I explained to them that their toys are gone forever and now they're kind of pissed. I'm mad because they found the bag of little toys I gathered up to wrap up as prizes for the trip and those are some of the ones they flushed. At least they didn't break the toilet. This time. They did finally sleep in this morning and thus were not as horrible today. They let me do some cleaning and organizing. I'm going to be really pissed if a tornado wipes out the house when we're gone because I am working hard to get it to a non-embarrassing state. The bird nest was a new low.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We freaked out a realtor at our old house on Fessenden. She didn't like the huge spider making a web in the bathroom window, a small science experiment.
Post a Comment