Saturday, June 9, 2012

Have a good weekend

Yep, I hate it when someone tells me to have a good weekend.  I am polite of course, most people have no clue how bad weekends suck in my situation, it's not their fault.  But I cringe inside.  At least there is a chance to see friends at the pool.  Last weekend I wasted a lot of energy and sunscreen getting them up there only to find that the heater was broken and thus the children would not swim.  We lost about 4 days at the pool waiting for it to warm up, it got a little ugly around here, but back on our daily schedule now.  The food bill is going to be ridiculous.  Grocery bill not so bad...





At least when they are at the pool, they aren't making a mess in the house.  I made a point to get everyone to talk to Sean on skype today since he was getting ready to leave on a planning mission and we won't talk to him for a week or so.  While I was talking to him the littles were busy destroying my room which is supposed to be off limits.  Not only did they completely strip my bed so they could jump on it- and on to the pile of bedding on the floor, but they also threw a bunch of my clothes on the floor in my closet, hangers and all, emptied a whole section of the closet.  Oh and emptied the basket of their own clean clothes that I hadn't put away yet.  So after I finally cleaned that up I gave in and made puppy chow for the girls for dessert, in the process trashing the kitchen myself.  I may just have some wine and go to bed and deal with it another day.  I need to get all the kids bathed and showered though, has been a few days of pool without that, I get tired of fighting that battle.  But it is a small battle compared to the battle to get them to church tomorrow.  If I give in once then it's all over, I can't let them win.

No comments: