I am so sick of buying kid bribes when I take them to Target so it is my goal to never take them again. That is a lofty goal and should last me through the week... I was hoping to just let them pick out a small toy that would be entertaining on the car ride. HA HA. As I was telling Manhattan Heather when we of course ran into each other in the boy toy aisle, Sean worries about the day we go to war with China but I'm pretty sure China has already gone to war with us... pitting us against our children in their quest for two of every toy ever made. Curse them and their talent for making crap toys!
Anyway, the kids also managed to score new shoes and pajamas. Turns out that Emily didn't like wearing her shoes because they were too small so she found a more appropriate pair... Hello Kitty of course. The big girls never got character shoes and clothes like this. I have been beaten down. Plus it's cheap and they outgrow them so fast there isn't much point in getting the good stuff. Emily is very proud of her new nightgown which came with a headband. She looks like a totally different child with her hair pulled back and yet she insists on the hair in the face look 95% of the time.
We met friends at the pool on Saturday and then had dinner at their house on Sunday, so they have earned a whole month off from us! Let me be clear, I certainly don't expect people to invite us over for dinner, this was a nice surprise. We are not good dinner guests to say the least but I sure enjoyed real food and conversation that didn't revolve around potty talk. The littles have been ridiculous lately and find each other hilarious. It's going to be a long drive...
1 comment:
Oh no! Avery will be so jealous. She is passionate about Hello Kitty. Can't wait to see you!!
Post a Comment