Sean usually asks for a day off from the family for Father's Day so this year I went all out and got him six months of that. I was pretty close to getting him a Maserati but didn't know what color he wanted so I stuck with the usual gift. Thanks for the assist there, army!
I do feel kind of funny spending the money he earned on an actual gift for him so I've tried to go with the gift money can't buy idea every year. This year I not only started painting his office but I finished it too. Just in time for the big day! And now it will sit there for 3 months waiting for him to get home. I will rehang his "art" and post photos soon so he has an idea of what he's coming back to. And in "it takes a village" fashion, I was texting all over this morning trying to locate a ladder to finish the ceiling and high trim. I may even go ahead and replace the stairwell lightbulbs while I have that bad boy here. And clean out the gutters! Yeah, that's a lie.
Sean did make it back from Kenya a few hours ago and is safe on base, in his crappy CLU with bathrooms he has to share with everyone. Sounds like he will keep busy for the rest of the month, then have nothing to do for six weeks, and then head back to Kenya for the actual mission. When that is over he will outprocess and get on the first Navy rotator flight available to get home. We may postpone Patrick's birthday celebration a week so Sean can be here for it. So close to the halfway point....
No comments:
Post a Comment