Blur applies to some photos I took with the new lens and with this week in general. I did find out that it wasn't operator error for the lens problems though so that was a relief. Unfortunately that meant I had to deal with calling a store in Brooklyn and arranging for a new one. I know they are always snickering about how I'm in the faux Manhattan when I call anywhere near NYC. Oh well, my house costs 10% as much as something comparable there, so snicker away. Snort if you must.
Anyway, between Sean working some odd shifts, the sitter having to change her hours and the time change, I am so off schedule that I have no clue how it got to Friday, aka day 2 of the boringest spring break ever. No amount of caffeine is working either as I'm hitting hot tea in the morning and iced tea in the afternoon-- as it is finally warming up here! Okay, that brief warm spell is supposed to be over in time for the St Pat's parade tomorrow, so we may skip walking in that. Loyal followers may recall that last year there was a certain realty company who was walking in the parade and handing out listings for homes. Seriously. I was handed one for a 3 bedroom house, how did they know I'd prefer that to a piece of candy?!
Signs of sleep deprivation this week: I was so groggy during best reality show "Bachelor: where are they now" that I was so afraid I missed something important that I saved it to watch again; I would go feed teething Patrick at night and would end up sleeping in small chair for hours; and I just tried to make bread dough on the bake setting of my machine (hot flour anyone?). Also, we finally reached the "Ferberize by accident" stage as after a dose of Tylenol I made Patrick just cry it out (had only been an hour since I fed him last, nothing else I could do). Of course the most telling sign of sleep deprivation is that I have barely been on the computer this week. Sad indeed. I will try to find something more entertaining to post later or at the very least, my recipe for molten lava cakes.
6 comments:
Well, my chocolate Molten Lava cake recipe is from Epicurious and when I served it a certain in-law who will remain anonymous said.."This is not just GOOD...this is F-ing good". Well, as you can imagine ..in all my years giving dinner parties I have never had such a compliment..no matter how much wine I served. So I declared it a keeper..and i still laugh every time i serve it!
Oh, the gauntlet has been thrown, the challenge is ON. Said in-law will be coming here in 2 weeks I believe and I will do my best to get the same compliment. (after the kids are in bed, lest someone refrain from profanity just because of them).
Well, not exactly an actual "in-law" to me but I'm sure they will provide you with the details of story and will gladly partake of your molten lava cake!
what is Ferberize?
Ferberize is when you let the baby cry it out at night, for longer periods each night until they just start sleeping through the night. I don't bother because once you succeed they end up teething or sick or you go on vacation and it screws it all up again and you have to start over.
I hear ya on that sleep deprivation! Ryan just started sleeping thru...I think. Some nights I forget to turn on the monitor...
Post a Comment