Well, some of you know that I am a bit low maintenance, mostly due to having no money to blow on frivilous things for the first 32 years. So needless to say, I am not representin' well for medical wives. Once we moved to Kansas there were some expectations from friends and family that came with being done with residency. Housekeeper, nanny, spa services, extravagent vacations, fashionable clothes, you get the point.
Straight up, I will never be fashionable but being in Kansas that means I at least fit in for casual occasions, which is 97% of our time here. The other 3%, like Patrick's baptism this weekend, is covered by ordering an entire head-to-toe outfit from an online store and hoping it fits. Our vacations still entail visiting family and friends, due mostly to time constraints. No 12 weeks of vacation like some civilian radiologists unfortunately. I don't know if I could ever enjoy a vacation where we are spending ridiculous amounts of money though, doesn't sound relaxing. I would no doubt figure out how much the hotel was costing by the minute and fret about it.
Anyway, the best thing we have done is getting a sitter for a couple afternoons a week so I can run errands quickly without children and also doing date night once a week so we can talk without interruption. Hard to finish a conversation with Megan and Anna around. Somehow everything leads back to Harry Potter. In fact, they have even taken to combining princess stuff with Harry Potter, apparently Cinderella ends up marrying Harry in some later stories. I suspect they have a bit of a crush on Harry, need to make sure they never see those weird pictures of that actor naked with some horse. What the heck was that for??
So the main point of this post was to announce that for the first time EVER I got a pedicure. Christen, I owe it all to you for shaming me into this one. And props to my girl, Erlinda, for the gift certificate that convinced me to at least try it. The gals working at the spa were kind about my hideous feet and even talked me into trying a facial the next day. Okay, now that was a waste of money, lesson learned. Sean said I didn't need to tell him how much that cost unless I wanted to keep getting them so that's my little secret.
Oh and as for a housekeeper, we already discussed in another post that I want a Dish Fairy, not a housekeeper. To get the house clean we just need to have guests coming. Caroline and Andy arrived late last night so that got us motivated to get the place in shape. We were hoping Megan wouldn't realize they were already here this morning so I could get her off to school but she spotted their rental car. They are only here for 2 full days so I am letting her be "sick" today. Trust me, if I made her go to school she would have had such a fit she would have made herself sick.
3 comments:
So, you must be my clone...the same faded jeans everyday, and a GAP Favorite T in every color...happy to hear about the pedicure- you beat me to it! It's been in the 90s here, and I'm living in sin...
What a nice picture of you and Sean in your "About Me" section. I wish my hair could look that nice and straight.
Now both you and Katie have blogs about manicures, reminds me of when we had dinner with Deb and her mom.
Post a Comment