Sunday, March 16, 2008

Shopping, Recession-Style

We headed to Kansas City rather spur of the moment this weekend, after deciding it was too cold to walk in the St Pat's Day parade (shh, don't tell Megan... she hasn't realized that we missed it). On the way there Sean and I were discussing the recession, what constitutes one, who feels it the most, etc. Yeah, really kept the kids entertained. Anyway, we feel we are rather immune to the recession since Sean can't lose his job with the Army, no matter how hard he tries. Being in a gay video only works about half the time if you're a doc because they need them so badly, so he has decided not to go that route.

Anyway, after all that talk and deciding that part of a recession is pyschological, we then fall prey to it and not only do I buy nothing in KC but I in fact return items that I bought last time I was there and don't even bother to find replacements. Thus, it was the most boring trip ever. Oh, but the girls were introduced to the Disney store, which they had never seen before (yes, they lead a sheltered life), so I guess a small donation was given to help save the princesses. Other people take their kids to Disney World for spring break, we take ours to the Disney store...

No comments: