I of course have 3 bosses but there is a head boss lately, that is Anna. I have determined that this is a very annoying age, where she is trying to become independent and thus won't listen to me but also wanting to stay the baby and thus instructs me on how to take care of her. If I don't do what she wants she makes a lot of noise until I do. She knows full well that I will give in when the noise starts if Patrick is sleeping and she uses this to her advantage. At 3am this morning she woke me up with demands for more water which I agreed to do. Well, she then wanted ice in it and when I resisted those demands, she started screaming and punching her stuffed elephant (the one she screamed for me to go get from the basement at bedtime earlier in the night). I didn't want to host an elephant funeral today, so I gave in and even resisted putting the ice down the back of her pajamas.
We have had informative talks about boarding schools and how when she's there she will have to dry herself off after a bath, but it's just not sinking in. Megan of course overhears these conversations and frets all night about when I am sending them there. The next stage is to start packing a suitcase...
4 comments:
Anna's Grandpa Timer is from a family of nine. They were all threatened with Fr. Baker's..an orphanage in Buffalo. Which, according to his parents, was a place you could "drop off" children who were misbehaving and they could live there rather than at home. A "cut rate" boarding school if you will. As you would guess the really "bad" kids never believed they would actually do it and the good ones had nightmares worrying they would be the ones sent there.
Apparently only Santa followed through on threats, what with the presents being taken away if they were fought over. All it would have taken was to drop one kid off... with 9, who would even miss one? ha
Should we plan out the arranged marriage now?
Oh I bet you can't wait for first day of all day kindergarten with her - have you tried changing her birth date to get her in sooner? I about pulled an Anna and needed new underwear when I red this one.
Post a Comment