Sean gets these newsletters from the various hospitals that he moonlights for so we have a small glimpse into the civilian medical world. The one today highlighted a new dining room for the physicians, very posh and the food sounded like it was free? Really? Isn't that like giving goodie bags to movie stars? I digress.
Just to contrast this with the Army hospital, last week Sean told me that it was gourmet burger day down in the cafeteria and they finally figured out to just split one with someone else, because they couldn't eat the whole thing... and they were rather expensive. Oh, how expensive? I asked. Well, $2.25. It is a "better grade meat" afterall. Now this reminds me of something Anna said to Megan yesterday to convince her to try a hotdog. She said, "Megan, it's not DOG". No, Anna, not in this country. Hebrew National. We answer to a higher authority.
7 comments:
You know how fussy I am about hot dogs, love Koegel Viennas. I am loving Nathan's Kosher Premium Beef franks. They actually taste good.
Mmmm hot dogs!
Grandpa Weeks used to tell a story of how I would pull the bar stool over to the microwave, just climb up and make myself a hot dog.
I wouldn't mention all the other parts of animals that could be in there, this is why yes, I am a Koegel girl too. In fact, when I worked at Rally's we sold Koegels, and the manager called me Stephanie Koegel.
Not a flattering story, either one, lol!
are you going to try veggie dogs anytime soon? LOL!!!! And I must ask haven't you increased Sean's allowance so he can have his own lunch or did he overspend in Vegas?
Sean used to take a peanut butter sandwich to work every day in grad school, med school, and during residency, so the fact that he's buying "hot lunch" is a big upgrade. I met him for lunch yesterday and his friend, a surgeon, still has to bring his own lunch, in a Nascar lunchbox. I swear this is true. It was just like I pack for Megan... sandwich, cheesestick, juice...
But the nascar lunchbox is a nice touch. Classy. It has to keep him humble.
Nothing is better than a Kogel roasted over the camp fire, or the fireplace for that matter.
O.K. I, who have sworn off hot dogs, but occasionally buy "turkey kielbasa" am now craving a Koegel or Nathan's hot dog. In fact our weather here is improving so much that if tomorrow wasn't a Friday in lent I wouldn't wait till Saturday to have one! Hot dogs are back on my menu thanks to your comments!
Nothing is better than a hotdog or better, yet, big juicy burger on a Friday during Lent! Good Catholics by default... by Fridays I am out of all meat except salmon in the freezer. The other "pink meat" that for some reason they all love.
Post a Comment