Monday, March 3, 2008

Do you get paid to go to the bathroom?

Well, if you're an hourly employee then I guess you do. And if you're Anna. What started out as a reward system for not watching TV has morphed into paying the kids to do whatever we need them to do. While bad on a number of levels I'm sure, it does make life smoother. We offer them check marks for doing things like getting their pajamas on quickly, cleaning up toys (doesn't always work for this task though), and for Anna, going on the potty when I ask her to.

Ideally this will get them to the stage where they are more cooperative and do what we ask them to do without fighting us every step of the way. Realistically I see them asking for a raise as time goes on and they realize that each check is only worth a quarter and that doesn't go very far in the toy aisle at Target. After a week of being sick and getting hooked on TV again, I am more than willing to pay them extra to keep from having to hear Dragon Tales again. Come along, take my hand, let's all go to Dragon Land!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I also get paid to check my email, read your blog, and take monthly field trips to breakfast or lunch with my outlet employee.
:)
I've been here for 30 minutes already and haven't done any work.
Gotta get it in while I can't get caught!!

julie said...

I went entire days without doing work at Oxford, ah the lure of email and the internet. Funny, I still got more work done than most people. It will be a real benefit to the working world if I ever join up again. haha!