Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tagged

HERE'S HOW YOU PLAY. ONCE YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED YOU HAVE TO WRITE A BLOG OF TEN WEIRD, RANDOM THINGS, FACTS OR HABITS ABOUT YOURSELF. AT THE END, YOU CHOOSE FIVE PEOPLE TO BE TAGGED, LISTING THEIR NAMES AND WHY YOU CHOSE THEM TO BE TAGGED. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE THEM A COMMENT "YOU'RE IT" AND TO READ YOUR BLOG. YOU CAN'T TAG THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU. SINCE YOU CAN'T TAG THAT PERSON BACK, LET HIM OR HER KNOW WHEN YOU'VE POSTED YOUR BLOG SO HE OR SHE CAN READ YOUR ANSWERS

1. I read magazines from the back, thanks to years of Rick Reilly columns in Sports Illustrated.
2. Now that RR is no longer writing that column, I don't even pick up SI anymore.
3. I read the Williams Sonoma catalog like it IS a magazine with the added benefit that I can easily order anything in it.
4. I gladly pay shipping charges now that I live so far from major shopping. Cheaper than gas! Love that man in a brown uniform and so does Sean... last night the Wii was delivered.
5. My purses are usually from Target. By the time they fray I want a new one anyway and for $12, I can get one.
6. My shoes are not from Target. Those hurt.
7. Thanks to Bridget, I am a tea snob now.
8. I still drink $9 bottles of wine, too expensive to be a wine snob.
9. I didn't really miss TV during the writer's strike and now I resent that it will cut into my computer time. I will only watch the essentials... Lost, The Office, 30Rock, Grey's, HIMYM, I think that's it.
10. We eat pancakes at least 4 mornings a week and the syrup from WS is worth every penny. Too good to share with the kids!

okay, I guess I will tag the people I know who blog... Keely, Salmans, Misty, Christen, Walker. If your name is Jennifer, you now go by your last name, fyi. Too many Jennifers in my life, especially in Kansas!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

How does Sean like his wii??
I still LOVE mine.
Ooh, I have a video I'm sending your way...

Anonymous said...

Can we have a Q&A session here?
Do I leave my random things on your blog, or write it on my blog? And would if I don't know anyone else who blogs? Do I randomly select strange people from blog space?
I can see you holding your fingers up to your forehead in the shape of an L...

julie said...

Post the random things on your blog, to further entertain your fans. You can tag people via email and make them set up a blog! As you know, it's just too easy.

By the way, Sean loves the Wii and seems to have missed his calling as a home run hitter for MLB.

Andrea said...

Julie, I read your post here and almost immediately began laughing. Andrea asked me what was so funny. I explained that I also read magazines from back to front, also from years of reading Rick Reilly in SI. Too funny.

Ryan

julie said...

I'm glad I'm hitting all the demographics here, welcome Ryan!

Andrea said...

I've been checking it out for awhile, funny stuff. I am glad that I am not the only freak that reads magazines backwards.

VAMOM said...

Julie,
I too always read the back of SI first. LOVED Rick Rielly and feel a void without having his great column to look forward to each week. Surely SI can find someone that could be as good...but so far...no.

Marjie said...

I read mags backward. It is my marker. All the covers look the same but the last article varies. I always check that before I buy one. Developed this technique to prevent buying doubles. Live and learn.