Saturday, March 1, 2008

Does Not Bode Well for a Deployment

Well, if this weekend is any indication of how life will be during a deployment, I'm going to have to clear out an entire cupboard for cereal. I will also be good friends with the drive-thru guy at Wendy's. I'd like to think our culinary defeats are due mostly to our lingering nausea, but I'd be lying if I didn't mention laziness as a factor.

The back up emergency toys are also all over the place, waiting to be hurled back in the big boxes and shoved in the storage room about 2 minutes before Sean is due home tomorrow. I should also squeeze a shower in at some point as I dare not calculate the number of hours since I've even used deodorant "in lieu of a shower", a famous Keenan family quote (which caused confusion among those who didn't know what "in lieu of" meant). The girls are well bathed as that is a way to burn time with them. Also back in action is the dear family friend, television. We had kicked it for a while but a week of sickness and he crept back, triumphant again!

News regarding my day job: the new washer and dryer are a vast improvement over washing the clothes down in the creek and then drying them by hanging over all the various pieces of baby entertainment equipment. I used the allergen cycle to try and remove the stench from Megan's little security blanket and the germs from some bedding. I swear, the cycle took almost 2 hours, glad I didn't attempt that too close to bedtime. Megan would have gone into hysterics. She insists she will never give up her silky and frankly, I believe her.

Oh, and another fun chore to accomplish while the husband is blissfully off playing poker, is cleaning out his closet. If he can ask for a missing item by name, I will give it back, otherwise it is gone. It seems that up until last year I was under the misguided notion that he was a size large. I guess compared to me? So that made purging easy. I also got out our summer clothes since it is getting warm in Texas now and I have forgotten that we no longer live there. It will help me from ordering an entire new summer wardrobe if I can see that I do in fact own shorts though. Everything is at least 2 years old though since last summer I was great with child.

I think the stars have aligned and I can get a shower, must hurry!

No comments: