Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Book Neglect

It's not that I don't like reading or am too busy to do it, it's that I tend to get obsessed with books and forget about children so it's best if I don't. I have a book this week. I am neglecting the house instead of the children at least. Without Sean here all week there isn't an adult to notice the house falling apart and thus no guilt. Please, no one stop by until I finish the book. Unless you'd like to vacuum chips off the rug? I keep trying to read while the kids play around me outside but it's not really working. Emily is a busy girl and quite breakable.

I'm pretty sure obsessive reading is hereditary because Megan is the same way and I remember Grandma Koenig telling me that she kept sneaking off to the restroom at work to finish Gone with the Wind. It could be worse... a friend here pretended to be sick for 2 days to finish the Twilight series and forced her husband to deal with the children. Also worse things to be addicted to, ahem, poker.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can only play poker in Vegas, and there's a small chance I might actually make money. I do get obsessed with books too, so I think Megan got a double dose.

Sean

julie said...

There's a large chance that any winnings are already spent and I'm not just talking about dinner at Wendy's...

Marjie said...

I too get book obsessed. For years I gave up reading books, only read short stories in magazines, because you children kept annoying me, wanting to eat and have diapers changed.

Ryan said...

Your friend with the two sick days is my hero. That is dedication.

Ryan said...

Ryan is not leaving the comments. I am.
Andrea

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

What are you reading?

H said...

I wish I had that kind of brain that could block out the kid whirlwind that often surrounds me. My house is neglected anyway so I may as well read. But no, this borderline ADD brain on overload just can't deal. You should though if you can, so many great books out there. I've got a few suggestions as I do read, just only during those last five minutes before I fall asleep. Matthew is absolutely obsessive with reading and I love it.