Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bringing out the green jersey


You can't even say "green jerseys" around here without some groans. At some point (Sean knows when) many, many years ago ND surprised everyone by coming out in green jerseys for a big game which they then went on to win. I know, winning a big game, must have been a LONG time ago. Well, every once in a while the other jerseys must be dirty so the team tries this again and ND fans across the country curse and stomp around while we watch them choke. So, when Patrick put on his green polo with his ND football pants it did not garner the reaction he anticipated. I was happy he was clothed though, so I guess that was a victory for me at least? He refused to pose for a photo, he sensed that I was mocking him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1-5 the last 6 times we've worn them, including the horrible loss to BC when ND was 8-0 in 2002, and the "Bush Push" USC game in 2005 (although USC had to vacate that win because of all the rule-breaking by Bush and USC that season, HA!)

Sean