I started reading another book/ neglecting the children yesterday and ran across this paragraph that made me laugh out loud.
Medical school had been his first goal-- specifically, a leisurely career in radiology. The promise of wealth had attracted him to health care, but as a devoted hypochondriac he was repelled by the idea of interacting with actual sick people. Perusing x-rays in the relatively hygienic seclusion of a laboratory had seemed an appealing option, one that would leave plenty of time for recreation.
We are still waiting for all that recreation time and any wealth seems to be cancelled out by taxes. But hope springs eternal and when he quits his ridiculous day job in 3 years, 2 months, and 20 days, I know he is planning for some golf at least and I believe I have heard mention of a little course in Scotland. Sean's Dad is turning in his company car tomorrow, so his countdown is finally over and I believe his golf course is in Ireland (and the vineyard of choice is in Italy?).
This is my 999th post and I'm feeling the pressure to find something worthy to put in the 1000th post. Sean made it home from Vegas but my next post will not be about how he's going to turn into a professional poker player. Glad he had fun but I prefer to take those tournament fees and spend them on much needed items in Paris. I went out for a walk right when he got home and the girls asked him if I had left for my trip. Not quite, but I was in the mood for some good wine.
No comments:
Post a Comment