Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Bet

All my sisters and my parents are together in South Bend for Easter and apparently the subject turned to whether or not Sean owns a gun. I can't believe there was even any debate, except for the whole army thing and his love of video games that involve shooting. Hmm, I guess I can see where the confusion comes in. We are rather opposed to accidental shootings in the home though, so we stick with the old golf club under the bed and the home alarm system. This is not to say that Sean hasn't done his time at the firing range but as always, if any war comes down to a radiologist with the small gun he would carry (what is that called, anyway?), it's not looking good. We are not entirely opposed to people having guns, in fact we enjoyed touring DC with Monica and Dennis and his Secret Service weapon, but only because we know he has had a bit of training. So there you go, if Sean can survive the Secret Service training camp then I will consider letting him have a gun. Pretty sure he is happy with just his video games though. How's that for the oddest Easter blog post? Pretty much sums up this odd Easter though with nothing going as planned.

5 comments:

Marjie said...

You totally understand our train of thought. Mark was sure that Sean had a gun. We keep the can of wasp spray nearby.

Stephanie said...

I was not there for this debate but would have been on the no gun team. Glad to hear that is true with Patrick's obsession. Happy Easter! Wish you could be with us today!

julie said...

Oh, we totally need to get the wasp spray to keep nearby. Also, we have wasps IN the bedroom, so win-win.

Ryan said...

I believe that Grandpa thought that Patrick would be impressed with his guns in the gun safe when Mark remarked that Sean probably had a gun. Much discussion later and Ryan decided to text you. By the way, Katie and Mark bought a nerf gun for Charlie. He will be up to par with Patrick by June.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for Patrick to come this summer so i can see his eyes when I open up the gun safe in the basement and show him what is inside.

He gets first 5 picks of what he wants.

-Paul