Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Rituals
1001st post, tried to think of something thought provoking and moving to post.... but I spend so much of my day just dealing with the demands of children that I can't form a coherent thought, let alone remember it to type out later. Current tasks include dressing and redressing Patrick all day. Clothes are just so confining and underwear must be worn backwards for reasons I try not to ponder. It used to be the difficult part of going anywhere was the fight over buckling into the carseat but now I have to get clothes and shoes on him before we even fight over who is opening the door to the breezeway... and then the door to the garage... and then the door to the car. Then he has his whole ritual in the car, including him saying, "I need to check my email" which is what he thinks playing with all the buttons for the heater/ac in the back is called. I am so tired just thinking about it... and about how many times I will have to go through that tomorrow. So in case anyone wonders why they haven't seen me in months and months, it is just too hard to leave the house for non-essential trips. We love visitors though, just give me a few minutes notice to get underwear boy presentable! The backyard is almost private again as the leaves are coming in, so I won't have to be so paranoid about who can see him playing outside like that... to infinity and beyond!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Patrick reminds me so much of
Ben. I feel your pain! If Ben doesn't become an attorney or someone who negotiates contracts I'll be very upset. He doesn't do the tinest task w/o negotiating or arguing about it. His good night kiss is a competition every night. I'm telling you even that is not easy!
I am anonymous! Sorry.
Patrick's bedtime ritual:
1) Water bottle must be filled and properly positioned on nightstand.
2) Blinds must be closed, one by me and two by him.
3) We must sit in assigned positions on the bed, with the duvet pulled back. Under no circumstances may I sit on the duvet.
4) Read Toy Story. I must allow him to finish certain key passages: (Me) "Woody told Buzz that he...." (Patrick) "was just a toy"
5) After the story I will receive a hug, but no kiss. I am not allowed to kiss his head.
6) He must close his closet door.
7) He escorts me to his bedroom door, where he says "Don't say goodnight"
8) We wave at each other, and he closes the door.
If any step is skipped or altered, a screaming, kicking tantrum will ensue, pushing bedtime back by at least 15 minutes.
Sean (obviously)
Hilarious, Sean!
Sean should have some offical guest posts. Very funny.
Andrea
I agree with Andrea. Sean needs some daddy posts.
Post a Comment