Saturday, April 30, 2011

Okay, now this I deserved...

Yes, I admit it, I tried to find a shorter mass to take the kids to this weekend before I leave so decided to try out the Saturday evening one. Sean was working the 2 to 7 and unfortunately for me (not him), it was the 2pm to 7pm so I was on my own. Patrick, in a stroke of genius, reminded me that he was sick so I left him in the office with multi-tasking Sean. So the girls and I get to church and notice that it's rather crowded. Who knows where this is going? Yes, it's First Communion! As the Schartz's can attest, you do not leave church once you enter (even if you accidentally come 30 minutes late) so we were stuck. Emily was awful, we were trapped in the middle of a pew that we probably weren't supposed to be in, and it was of course super super long. I authorized an early release and we escaped right after communion, which still clocked in at 75 minutes. It turns out that wrestling kids for 75 minutes in church is a good send off for a week away.

Oh and as for sick Patrick... the best sick kid EVER. Last night he fell asleep when I took him to pick up pizza and then went to bed when we got home. He requested a bowl but I assumed he was fine until the morning when he informed me that he needed another bowl downstairs and yes, he did use the one in his room. What?! Yes, the boy puked at night, did not make a mess and did not wake me up. Bravo. I'm still not taking him with me.

No comments: