Kansas is always mocked in the entertainment world and I'm afraid this blog isn't going to help.
Friday, April 22, 2011
Not the "Best" Friday
We were talking to Anna last night about all the fun stuff she can do today since there is no school, as it is Good Friday. She informed us that it is not the best Friday because Jesus did die on the cross and all. Yeah, nothing like death to put a damper on an iCarly marathon. She then told us that it is good though because he died for us. Hey, look at that, Catholic school is working! No worries, Easter Monday will be the best Monday because they are also off school then and Sean will be home. And I will be feeling guilty about my upcoming trip to Paris and will let them do whatever they want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Please tell me you've let Anna listen to Rebecca Black's song. It might elevate her Friday to a whole new level.
Well aren't you the cool aunt, Bridget. Cute video..I can picture Megan and Anna singing this one in the backseat!
Check out this video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Sharon
Oh my, is this a real song or just a fake one that 7 year olds would most definitely love? I like the part where she reviews the days of the week, would be a great help for Anna. And now it is stuck in my head and for that I curse you, Bridget. I'm going to go poke you on facebook now, so take that!
I am dying laughing because I remember Good Fridays in our childhood home. Fasting, eating nothing but crackers, and dancing to the "Jesus Christ Superstar" record because since the front pictured Jesus dying on the cross, we thought it was an appropriately somber album to do our gymnastics routine to.
Yeah - it's a real song, if you can believe it. Obviously the world pretty much unanimously gave it the thumbs down. But I could see how 7 year-olds would like it. Stephen Colbert's rendition is, without a doubt, the best.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/229352/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-stephen-colbert-sings-friday-with-the-roots
And now, Julie, it will be stuck in your head all over again.
Poke.
Post a Comment