Emily still only uses a few words but somehow with waving and pointing she manages to run the house. Meal time includes screeching and pointing until I identify what she wants to eat and once I have succeeded there she will delicately take her finger and pound it on her tray, indicating exactly where I should place such item. She is also the best eater of all four these days. Last night's real dinner was met with loud protests by the other three but she didn't seem to realize it wasn't chicken nuggets. She is also insisting on using a fork now, which not to brag, but I know a seven year old who still has trouble with that concept. Emily hates having her hands dirty though and she showed me them last week when they had whipped cream on them from waffles... such a look of disgust on her face. Her baby words were, "Lady, take care of this!" She has also figured out that whatever I am eating must be good because she always wants some. I thought I could sneak some caramel cake past her last night but, no, I only got half a piece and I had to get up and get her another fork. Then I taught her how to scrape up the last of the caramel frosting.
The one word that Emily has mastered is "mo" which usually means more. It applies to everything that she wants more of, food, books, tickling. She will be kicking and laughing hysterically while we tickle her and then we stop and she immediately becomes calm and then says quietly, "mo?". This is a fun age... before the well documented stage that follows. We are going through TV detox with Patrick now that it is nice enough to play outside. Not pretty. The girls seem to be catching on at least as iCarly did not join us for breakfast this morning. It's the small victories. Only kind we get around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment