I know what you are all wondering... have I gone all Charlie Sheen on you? Perhaps, but there are no financial repercussions for me to face because NO ONE IS PAYING ME! Oh the freedom I have which is why I only write for my 72 readers. Did I lose a few from the last post, that's okay, my paycheck remains zero.
In addition to those of you who have asked me if I am Sheening, I have gotten some suggestions for future rants. How about those "Jesus freaks" facebook posts? Well, I no longer live in the south and if I do have some on my "friend" list then I must have blocked their feed a while ago, because I have no material to work with. I can overlook an occasion post about sensitive topics, but excessive posting about any one particular topic is annoying. Unless you are hilarious, then by all means fill my feed with your postings. I have two, both named Chris, who deserve a wider audience or a book deal. At the very least, a blog, hint hint, I know you are reading.
Another suggested topic is people who go to college bars who are twice as old as the students. Of course the occasional night out is fine, everything in moderation, but when it's not in moderation then it's sad. The students are no longer mocking you, they just feel sympathy for you. Even they can see that there are issues there... mommy issues, daddy issues, whatever, get over it, clean slate going forward, try not to screw up your own kids, etc. There, I saved you years of therapy. You are most welcome. If you want to know how to enjoy drinking and dancing at bars that is age appropriate, check my mom's blog. And remember, there is a point when you just have to let them spread their wings and fly, I accept no responsibility for their actions. I did the best I could with my parents and so far I haven't bailed them out of jail, so success! Cheers to them!
8 comments:
Some people use Facebook as a journal. If you want to journal get a blog and people who actually want to read it will go there.
Anything in excess is obnoxious.
There are people on my Facebook who go on and on about their kids and it is not entertaining at all. When I want to hear about kids I go to your blog, because it is entertaining.
For example I know that Anna likes (or liked) bread and butter, but I don't know that she ate that for breakfast for the past 83 days. I could assume so because I know this about her, but you didn't put it on Facebook everyday or your blog and if you did I might check your blog less, because that's not funny or entertaining.
Facebook would be a lot more interesting if people would share less. It is unfortunately used as a tool for over sharing.
One part of Facebook that I love is the website www.lamebook.com
Now that is some funny stuff.
On the other end of the spectrum, some people post a lot and under share. I know someone who posts something everyday like: 'today was a gd day.'; 'wonder what the wk will hold?'; 'wish it would warm up outside.'
And yes the only abbreviations are gd for good and wk for week. Very unnecessary.
Please please please tell me if I am one of the annoying people who posts too much on FB. I see that you have 14 friends who could qualify as some version of "Chris." I think I post a lot on FB because some of the shit Jamie throws at me each day is worth documenting, but God Forbid I actually find and fill out my kid's baby book, which has about 2 entries in it. I guess since I always have laptop in hand (because I am, ahem, working) it's easiest to record J's dramas and meltdowns on FB.
In a similar vein, there is a girl I know who continually posts annoying things that never engender a response from anyone except her. Seriously. She will post and then I will see her lame post has gotten her six responses and they are all hers. How sad is that? I so badly have to restrain myself from pointing out that she is the only person who responds to her own posts. That's what I've given up for Lent -- openly taunting her. Did motherhood make me this way? Probably. I only have so much patience.
Glad to be of assistance
Hold on for 10 days Julie and I will take you out and we will get drunk. Dad
We have Betty Bail Bonds here, who's your Betty? Javiar has the shirt
Mommy's posts are always interesting!
Can you bring your Dad to Belgium with you???
Really? My posts are interesting? I never get any comments, didn't think anyone read it anymore. Glad I kept the limo blog clean.
Post a Comment