Saturday, April 16, 2011

College Fund with a View


Not much point in buying a summer house until we can use it and currently army frowns on taking off three months at a time. So Sean frowns on me having a realtor who sends me listings but what can you do, I'm on her automatic mailings (and it's rude to "unsubscribe" right?). There is a family is who has priced low in hopes that another family will enjoy their vintage cottage the way they did for the past 85 years... on a double lot ON Lake Michigan. Not only would this family enjoy it, but I would decorate WAY better. Currently priced at two college funds, I'm betting it will sell today unless the recession is hitting Chicago harder than I think. And so I share this torture with you. Andrea, if you do a drive-by, do not tell me about the pristine sandy beach...

8 comments:

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

I will repost my comment under my name instead of Ryan's. It will make more sense...

Oh my. It's even better than I imagined. Army cannot end soon enough. Can't wait to have you here (or any distance less than 12 hours) for the summer.

My word verification was dishies. Is that a hint from my house?

Marjie said...

I love it. College is overrated.

Stephanie said...

You should assume 2 of your highly capable children will get a full ride. And in this market it would only be an investment.

Stephanie said...

Ps I didn't notce until it was too late but my word verification had "own" in it.

Katie said...

nice - bet the beach is awesome. My word verification was buyitnow.
haha... pretty sure the 1st two could swing a full ride to K-State.

julie said...

If we could get two of them to go to a state school we'd be all set, no need for scholarships. These private schools have got to stop this b.s. of increasing tuition 6% every single year, otherwise it will be $125k a year when Megan starts. Who can justify that?! Especially when there are properties available ON Lake Michigan?!

Marjie said...

I saw Megan playing basketball and she is good, I am sure there is a scholarship there, and Anna can dribble with the best of them. Think of the money you will save on hotels in SB