Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reunion Dorm

For the first time we are going to make it to our college reunion. At our 5 year we were literally driving from Indy to El Paso for a YEAR OF FUN! Internship hours! Roaches! Blazing heat! Disgusting army housing! I digress. At our 10 year Sean was in his final week of studying for his boards in San Antonio which was slightly important as everything he had ever studied was leading up to that point and he kind of needed to pass. Oh, and we were moving to Kansas a couple weeks after that. So again, not good timing. Well, now it is our 15 year and we made the wise decision to spontaneously move last fall and avoid having that interfere this June. So far nothing else has come up and every time something might conflict Sean will ask me the exact dates. He can confirm that I did almost slug him this last time. There is a point when absentmindedness loses its charm.

So now we need to figure out where to stay for reunion weekend and I had assumed we would stay in a dorm for convenience but I don't think it would be like when we were there as undergrads. There is a reason you don't have 4 children while you're in college. Slight cramp to your style. Also, our class is staying in Dillon Hall and as a matter of principle I hate Dillon, specifically 4 guys there who called me blondie and got too drunk at a football game. Not a wise move and they gave me dirty looks for the next 4 years. (sidenote: I wonder why I never got asked out on dates? ) One even knocked my graduation cap off at baccalaureate mass. Wow, I really hope they are at reunion. Damn, I should have gotten that boob job as I'm sure their wives did. How did I get on this topic? Oh yeah, so I am not staying in some nasty boy smelling dorm with communal bathrooms and thus need another plan. And apparently some babysitters so we can attend some of the events. Regis and Lou are both speaking, I have a feeling only Sean will make it to that one unless we impose on Andrea even more. Anyway, it will be an adventure just like everything we do with the kids involved...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

We have our weapons stocked for Patrick, a house full of girls next door to entertain your older girls, and lots of food and hand wipes for Emily. We are all set.