Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Draw the Line

In general Sean could not care less about how I decorate the house. We were married about two years when I brought home some fabric samples for him to choose from and he suggested that we just bypass this charade and I go ahead and pick out what I want. No need for him to be the yes man when there is football to be analyzed. Ironically enough, those fabrics were for the one chair that is now in his office so perhaps he should have weighed in. Anyway, much more efficient this way and he freely admits that I have done just fine without his input.

Soooo, when it comes to his office, I just let him do what he wants. I have ordered him a few thing per his request and I offered him cast offs from the real house, but he picked out his highly functional radiology specific work station all on his own, and of course the TV. There are some movie posters and the Play Like a Champion Today sign (have to smack that on the way to start each shift, because football and teleradiology have so much in common), but I draw the line at Rachel McAdams posters. Let the record show that I do not display my Jude Law autographed 8x10 photo anywhere and not just because it is a shot clearly aimed at his gay fans (umm, tank top? wrong in so many ways). So if I ever find a wall filled with Rachels, they may disappear while someone is out golfing. I will allow her movies on the netflix queue but I'm going cry foul if he wants to watch The Notebook more than once.

On an editing note, how does one convince Spellcheck that teleradiology and netflix are words? It thinks "spellcheck" is correct, although I think it wants me to capitalize it and put it in bold font. I'm also going to let the grammar police know that I am declaring netflix to be a verb from now on. So if you haven't netflixed Archer yet, go now before the PC police show up. Here's a quote for Sean at 2am, from a scene between the main agent and his butler:

Archer: Stop. Shut up. I have to go, and If I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll... rub sand in your dead little eyes.
Woodhouse: Very good, Sir.
Archer: I also need you to go buy sand.
Woodhouse: Yes, Sir.
Archer: I don't know if they grade it, but... coarse.

1 comment:

VAMOM said...

Oh Julie ..I am supressing laughter as I sit in admitting at Tampa General. Just a check up today for grandpa but logging on after three days with no Internet and reading your hilarious quotes makes my day!